To realize a smarter community, we are mainly working on IoT sensing systems. Sensing technologies relying on Wireless LAN (Wi-Fi), Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), and acoustic signal processing have been developed. With these sensing technologies, we are also working on a human activity recognition system as well as its applications.
Attractive Factors of My Research
IoT sensing technologies are nameless heroes. These days, AI and big data analysis technologies are hot topics, which are mainly relying on data derived using IoT sensing technologies. IoT requires broad technologies from hardware to data analysis. IoT sensing technologies are also attractive in learning broad topics.
I encourage students to submit papers to conferences and to apply for various application contests. I and students won number of awards. Let’s enjoy MONOZUKURI and publish your achievements to the world!
– Excellent Poster Award, IPSJ DPSWS 2020, Nov 13, 2020.
– Best Conversant Award, IPSJ DPSWS 2020, Nov 13, 2020.
– Excellent Paper Award, IPSJ SIG-ITS 2019, Jan 24, 2020.
– Distinguished Contributions Award, IEICE Communications Society, Sep 11, 2019.
– Best Conversant Award, IPSJ DICOMO 2019, Jul 5, 2019.
– Best Student Paper Award, ICMU 2018, Oct 6, 2018.
– Best Conversant Award, IWIN 2018, Sep 12, 2018.
– IPSJ 2016 Yamashita SIG Research Award, Mar 16, 2017.
– IPSJ SIG-ITS 2016 Excellent Paper Award, Jan 20, 2017.
– IPSJ Journal Specially Selected Paper, Jan 15, 2017.
[Awards by Students]
– Encouragement Award, MCPC Nano-Con Application Contest, Ryo Takahashi, Kenta Hayashi, and Yudai Mitsukude, Dec 10, 2020.
– Encouragement Award, MCPC Nano-Con Application Contest, Kenta Hayashi and Yudai Mitsukude, Dec 10, 2020.
– Excellent Presentation Award, IEICE SIG-SeMI Jan 2020, Billy Dawton, Sep 17, 2020.
– Student Encouragement Award, IPSJ National Convention, Masato Uchino, Mar 07, 2020.
– Excellent Presentation Award, IPSJ SIG-ITS 2019, Ming Cong, Jan 24, 2020.
– Best Presentation Award, IPSJ DPSWS 2019, Masato Uchino, Nov 12, 2019.
– Excellent Young Poster Award, IEICE MIKA 2019, Ryo Orihara, Oct 14, 2019.
– Best Student Paper Award, IEEE SAS 2019, Masahiko Miyazaki, Mar 12, 2019.
– Excellent Presentation Award, IPSJ SIG-ITS 2017, Masato Uchino, Dec 21, 2018.
– Best Young Poster Award, IEICE MIKA 2018, Masahiko Miyazaki, Sep 28, 2018.
[Grants As Primary Investigator]
– JST AIP Challenge Program, Jun 2020 – Mar 2021.
– Strategic Basic Research Programs ACT-I, Information and Future, Oct 2018 – Mar 2020.
– JSPS KAKENHI, Young Scientists JP18K18041, Apr 2018 – Mar 2021.
– JSPS KAKENHI, Young Scientists (B) JP16K16048, Apr 2016 – Mar 2018.
– JSPS Fellowship, Apr 2012 – Sep 2013.
Major Books and Papers
- 1K. Hayashi, S. Kumazoe, S. Ishida, and Y. Arakawa, “Distinguishing Working State by Palm Orientation”, IEEE LifeTech, Mar 2021 (will appear)
- D. Koike, S. Ishida, and Y. Arakawa, “Called Function Identification of IoT Devices by Network Traffic Analysis”, ACM/SIGAPP Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC), Gwangju, South Korea, Mar 2021 (will appear)
- S. Ishida, R. Takahashi, T. Murakami, and S. Otsuki, “IEEE 802.11ac-Based Outdoor Device-Free Human Localization”, Sensors and Materials, vol.33, no.1, pp.53-68, Jan 2021 (open access)
- S. Jian, S. Ishida, and Y. Arakawa, “Initial Attempt on Wi-Fi CSI Based Vibration Sensing for Factory Equipment Fault Detection”, International Workshop on Maintenance-Free Context Sensing (MFSens), in conjunction with International Conference on Distributed Computing and Networking (ICDCN), Nara, Japan, pp.163-168, Jan 2021
- S. Ishida, S. Tagashira, and A. Fukuda, “Basics and Challenges in Acoustic Vehicle Sensing using Sidewalk Microphones”, Smart Sensors and Systems, Springer, Y. Liu et al. (eds), pp.121-134, Jun 2020
- R. Takahashi, K. Hayashi, Y. Mitsukude, M. Futamata, S. Inoue, S. Matsuo, S. Ishida, Y. Arakawa, and S. Takano, “Poster Abstract: Itocon – A System for Visualizing the Congestion of Bus Stops around Ito Campus in Real-Time”, ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys’20), Online, Poster, pp.697-698, Nov 2020
- B. Dawton, S. Ishida, Y. Hori, M. Uchino, and Y. Arakawa, “Proposal for a Compressive Measurement-Based Acoustic Vehicle Detection and Identification System”, IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC2020-Fall), Online, Nov 2020
- T. Yamamoto, S. Ishida, R. Kimoto, S. Tagashira, and A. Fukuda, “Design of BLE 2-Step Separate Channel Fingerprinting”, IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC2020-Spring), Online, pp.1-6, May 2020
- S. Ishida, Y. Arakawa, S. Tagashira, and A. Fukuda, “Wireless Local Area Network Signal Strength Measurement for Sensor Localization without New Anchors”, Sensors and Materials, vol.32, no.1, pp.97-114, Jan 2020 (open access)