|Department||Department of Media Architecture|
|Specialized Fields||Information Design, Perception Design, Participatory Design, Interactive Design|
|Subjects in Charge||Modern Design, User Centered Design, Theory of Information Design, Special Topics of Information Design 2|
|Personal History||1986, Graduate school University of Tsukuba |
From 2000, FUTURE UNIVERSITY HAKODATE, Professor
|Starting Time of Employment||April, 2000|
1. Information design methodology: Participatory Design, Scenario Based Design and the interaction design (dialog design)
2. Perception design / Future Body Project: Project to design human perception using nonvisual modality, physical environment perception, sound environment perception etc.
3. Digital Diagram: Diagram that communicates the information environment
4. Research on Collaboration in Three Dimensional Virtual Space: Avatar, Community, Interaction
Attractive Factors of My Research
Designing the future co-creative with various people supported by information technology
Major Books and Papers
1. Makoto Okamoto, Possibility of Participatory Design, International Conference on Human Centered Design, 2009.
2. Makoto Okamoto, Takanori Komatsu, Kiyohide Ito, Junichi Akita, Tetsuo Ono, FutureBody: Design of Perception Using the Human Body,Proceedings of the 2nd Augmented Human International Conference, 2011.
3. Okamoto, Ito, Otsuki, Possibility of creativity support tools and participatory design of visually impaired children, Information Processing Society of Japan, 2016 (presentation award).
4. Ito, Okamoto,et al, FutureBody-finger: A novel alternative aid for visually impaired persons, ICCHP2015,
5. Akita, Okamoto, et al, Touch at a Distance: Simple Perception Aid Device with User’s Explorer Action, SIGGRAPH ASIA, 2014, BEST DEMO.