Department of Media Architecture, School of Systems Information Science
- Open Position:
One Professor or Associate Professor
- Field of Research:
Co-Design (Science Communication, Exhibition Design, Visualization in Design Process, Design Evaluation)
- Subjects to be Taught:
You may be in charge of four undergraduate subjects from Information Design Ⅰ and Ⅱ, Human Interface Design, User Centered Design in addition to Basic Information Expression Ⅰ, II, and Ⅲ, and one graduate subject in specialized field.
– A person who has a doctoral degree or excellent achievements (including outstanding works and award-winning) equivalent thereto.
– A person who is capable of teaching and providing research guidance for both undergraduate and graduate students.
– A person who professionally and practically teaches his/her experience of Monozukuri in the practice of design through the education and research activities and motivate him/herself for further developments.
– A person who has strong interest in Information Science and Cognitive Science and substantial experience related on contribution to community and society by dialogue and co-creation in design practice.
– A person who is interested in regional, medical, educational, environmental, human rights, ethical, philosophical, economical, and political issues as the fields of design.
- Starting Time of Employment:
April 1, 2022 in principle
Documents to be Submitted (in either English or Japanese):
(1) Please specify the field (Co-Design) and the position (professor or associate professor) you are applying for.
(2) Resume (including attached photograph, current address, contact numbers (telephone and e-mail), academic history (up to high school graduation), employment history, research experiences, association(s) you belong to, degree(s), and rewards and punishments)
(3) List of works or research achievements (such as works, research papers, publications, and vocational achievements (patents, design registration, award in a specialized field etc.)), summaries of 10 major achievements，list of external research funding acquisition
(4) Three work portfolios or major publications. Please enclose reprints or copies (one for each) if you send by mail or attach PDF file if you send by email.
(5) Educational achievements (The result of the human resource development in the case of working for a company is included.)
(6) Achievements to be a leader of research and development project (Free format)
(7) The outlines of your past work/research, and the future work/research plans (English version/translation is required if the document is written in Japanese. The document must be within two pages of A4 sized paper in length)
(8) Educational aspirations (One page of A4 sized paper in length)
(9) List of 2 referees including their names, affiliations, contact addresses (postal address, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses)
Application forms 1-5 available to be downloaded from the University Homepage.
- Due Date for All Materials to be Received:
Monday, September 6, 2021 by mail
Monday, September 7, 2021, 12:00AM midnight by email
- Where to submit application documents:
– By mail
General Affairs Division, Administration Bureau, Future University Hakodate
116-2 Kameda-Nakano, Hakodate 041-8655 JAPAN
Please send the documents by registered mail and mark “application documents for faculty position 202201 (Field of Co-Design)” in red ink on the envelope. The submitted documents will not be returned.
– By email
Please send the documents as an attached file to “application202201( at )fun.ac.jp” with the subject “application documents for faculty position 202201”. Please email us if you have not received the confirmation of receipt within a few days after you send the applications. When the application documents are too large to submit by email, it is recommended to use an online file transfer service
- For further information in reference to this application, please contact:
Prof. KIMURA Ken-ichi
Chair of the Department of Media Architecture, Future University Hakodate
Tel: 0138-34-6448 / E-mail: recruit202201(at)fun.ac.jp
The selection is made based on your past achievements and the comments of your referees if necessary. Achievements are evaluated by research papers and contents of works, internal and external reputation and industrial/technological contributions. The university actively recruits in consideration of equal opportunity and diversity for the selection of the faculty members. In the screening process, we may ask you to explain about the submitted documents and/or give a lecture. We will handle your application as confidential.
The university aims at realizing sustainable society and the world and works on design to make people happy. Design as a field of study that is the fruit of interest and intelligence is practiced beyond having fun. We look for new colleague who can find fundamental problem by dialog, co-design community, and propose and create future together.