Department of Complex and Intelligent Systems, School of Systems Information Science
- Open Position:
One Professor or Associate Professor
- Field of Research:
Field related to Complex Systems and/or Intelligent Systems. (For example; Data Science, Machine Learning, Numerical Analysis/Simulation, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Complex Adaptive System, Econometrics, Bioinformatics, etc. The fields including, but not limited to above.)
- Subjects to be Taught:
You may be in charge of three undergraduate subjects from Linear Algebra, Analysis, Linear Algebra, Analysis, Mathematics Practice, Information Mathematics, Probability and Statistics, Formal Languages and Automata, Algorithm and Data Structures, Operations Research, Differential Equation, Numerical Analysis, Signal Processing, Artificial Intelligence, in addition to Basic Programming, and one graduate subject in specialized field.
– A person who has a doctoral degree.
– A person who is enthusiastic about education and research in the field of Complex and Intelligent Systems.
– A person who has research achievements in the field of Complex and Intelligent Systems.
– A person who is capable of teaching and providing research guidance for both undergraduate and graduate students.
- Starting Time of Employment:
April 1, 2022 in principle
- Documents to be Submitted (in either English or Japanese):
(1) Please specify the field (Complex and Intelligent Systems) and the position (professor or associate professor) you are applying for.
(2) Resume (including attached photograph, current address, contact numbers (telephone and e-mail), academic history (up to high school graduation), employment history, research experiences, association(s) you belong to, degree(s), and rewards and punishments)
(3) List of research achievements (such as research papers, publications, works, and vocational achievements (patents, design registration, award in a specialized field etc.)), summaries of 10 major achievements，list of external research funding acquisition
(4) Three major publications. Please enclose reprints or copies (one for each)
(5) Educational achievements (The result of the human resource development in the case of working for a company is included.)
(6) The outlines of your past work/research, and the future work/research plans (English version/translation is required if the document is written in Japanese. The document must be within two pages of A4 sized paper in length)
(7) Educational aspirations (One page of A4 sized paper in length)
(8) List of 2 referees including their names, affiliations, contact addresses (postal address, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses)
Application forms 1-5 available to be downloaded from the University Homepage.
- Due Date for All Materials to be Received:
Monday, September 6, 2021 by mail
Monday, September 7, 2021, 12:00AM midnight by email
- Where to submit application documents:
– By mail
General Affairs Division, Administration Bureau, Future University Hakodate
116-2 Kameda-Nakano, Hakodate 041-8655 JAPAN
Please send the documents by registered mail and mark “application documents for faculty position 202203 (Field of Complex and Intelligent Systems)” in red ink on the envelope. The submitted documents will not be returned.
– By email
Please send the documents as an attached file to “application202203( at )fun.ac.jp” with the subject “application documents for faculty position 202203”. Please email us if you have not received the confirmation of receipt within a few days after you send the applications. When the application documents are too large to submit by email, it is recommended to use an online file transfer service
- For further information in reference to this application, please contact:
Prof. SATO Naoyuki
Chair of the Department of Complex and Intelligent Systems, Future University Hakodate
Tel: 0138-34-6448 / E-mail: recruit202203( at )fun.ac.jp
The selection is made based on your past achievements and the comments of your referees if necessary. Achievements are evaluated by research papers and contents of works, internal and external reputation and industrial/technological contributions. The university actively recruits in consideration of equal opportunity and diversity for the selection of the faculty members. In the screening process, we may ask you to explain about the submitted documents and/or give a lecture. We will handle your application as confidential.