Department of Media Architecture, School of Systems Information Science
- Open Position:
One Associate Professor or Professor
- Field of Research:
Expertise in any of following fields:
(1) Field of Sensory Expression Technology (Visual Computing, and other fields related to five senses information expression such as XR (VR/AR/MR)
(2) Field of Data Analysis Technology (Data Science, Machine Learning, and their application fields)
(3) Field of Fusion Technology (Field Informatics, Data Engineering, Digital Fabrication, Danger Informatics, and the fields conduct other fusion research of Systems Information Science and other fields.)
- Subjects to be Taught:
You may be in charge of four undergraduate subjects from Programming Practice, Information Processing Practice, Linear Algebra, Mathematics Practice, Applied Mathematics, Operating Systems, Automata, Computer Hardware, Electronic Circuit, Sensor Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Graphics, and one graduate subject in specialized field.
– A person who has a doctoral degree
– A person who is capable of teaching and providing research guidance for both undergraduate and graduate students.
– A person who has the basis of the Information Systems and is enthusiastic about education and research to expand the specialized field.
- Starting Time of Employment:
April 1, 2022 in principle
Documents to be Submitted (in either English or Japanese):
(1) Please specify the field (Field of Information Systems) and the position (associate professor or professor) you are applying for.
(2) Resume (including attached photograph, current address, contact numbers (telephone and e-mail), academic history (up to high school graduation), employment history, research experiences, association(s) you belong to, degree(s), and rewards and punishments)
(3) List of works or research achievements (such as research papers, publications, and vocational achievements (patents, design registration, award in a specialized field etc.)), summaries of 10 major achievements，list of external research funding acquisition
(4) Three work portfolios or major publications. Please enclose reprints or copies (one for each)
(5) Educational achievements (The result of the human resource development in the case of working for a company is included.)
(6) Achievements to be a leader of research and development project (Free format)
(7) The outlines of your past work/research, and the future work/research plans (English version/translation is required if the document is written in Japanese. The document must be within two pages of A4 sized paper in length)
(8) Educational aspirations (One page of A4 sized paper in length)
(9) List of 2 referees including their names, affiliations, contact addresses (postal address, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses)
Application forms 1-5 available to be downloaded from the University Homepage.
- Due Date for All Materials to be Received:
Monday, September 6, 2021 by mail
Monday, September 7, 2021, 12:00AM midnight by email
- Where to submit application documents:
– By mail
General Affairs Division, Administration Bureau, Future University Hakodate
116-2 Kameda-Nakano, Hakodate 041-8655 JAPAN
Please send the documents by registered mail and mark “application documents for faculty position 202204 (Field of Information Systems)” in red ink on the envelope. The submitted documents will not be returned.
– By email
Please send the documents as an attached file to “application202204( at )fun.ac.jp” with the subject “application documents for faculty position 202204”. Please email us if you have not received the confirmation of receipt within a few days after you send the applications. When the application documents are too large to submit by email, it is recommended to use an online file transfer service
- For further information in reference to this application, please contact:
Prof. KIMURA Ken-ichi
Chair of the Department of Media Architecture, Future University Hakodate
Tel: 0138-34-6448 / E-mail: recruit202204(at)fun.ac.jp
The selection is made based on your past achievements and the comments of your referees if necessary. Achievements are evaluated by the number of research papers and contents of major works, internal and external reputation, and industrial/technological contributions. The university actively recruits in consideration of equal opportunity and diversity for the selection of the faculty members. In the screening process, we may ask you to explain about the submitted documents and/or give a lecture. We will handle your application as confidential.
We prefer applicants who can co-design with researchers on/off campus while making use of specialization and develop the research fields of Information Systems together. We look for a person who understand the missions of the public university, make use the field of Future University Hakodate including society, community, and cooperation with others for research and education. We also highly evaluate diverse backgrounds such as practical experience, overseas research, and business experience.