Advanced ICT Course, Department of Media Architecture, School of Systems Information Science
- Open Position:
One Associate Professor or Professor
- Field of Research:
Field of Advanced ICT (It is favorable that your engineering field is related to human development concerned to Advanced ICT, such as Software Engineering, Software Engineering Education, Data Science, Mobile Computing, System Software, IoT, Human Interface, etc.) .
A person who interested in regional collaboration is welcomed.
- Subjects to be Taught:
You may be in charge of four undergraduate subjects from Software Process and Quality, Project Management, Information Management, IT & Business Skill, Practice of Programming, Software Engineering, and one graduate subject in specialized field (from Advanced Topics in Service Management, Advanced ICT Design, Advanced Open Technologies, etc.）
– A person who has a doctoral degree.
– A person who is capable of teaching System Development PBL (Project Based Learning)
– A person who has knowledge of information system development and project management
– A person who is enthusiastic about education and research in the field of Advanced ICT
- Starting Time of Employment:
April 1, 2023 in principle
- Documents to be Submitted (in either English or Japanese):
(1) Please specify the field (Advanced ICT) and the position (associate professor or professor) you are applying for.
(2) Resume (including attached photograph, current address, contact numbers (telephone and e-mail), academic history (up to high school graduation), employment history, research experiences, association(s) you belong to, degree(s), and rewards and punishments)
(3) List of research achievements (such as research papers, publications, works, and vocational achievements (patents, award in a specialized field etc.)), list of external research funding acquisition
(4) 3 major achievements selected from the list of research achievements, an offprint or a copy, and the reasons for choosing them (within 900 characters in Japanese 400 words in English.).
(5) Educational achievements (The result of the human resource development in the case of working for a company is included.)
(6) The outlines of your past work/research, and the future work/research plans (English version/translation is required if the document is written in Japanese. The document must be within two pages of A4 sized paper in length)
(7) Educational aspirations (One page of A4 sized paper in length)
(8) List of 2 referees including their names, affiliations, contact addresses (postal address, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses)
Application forms 1-5 available to be downloaded from the University Homepage.
- Due Date for All Materials to be Received:
Wednesday, August 31, 2022, 12:00AM midnight by email
- Where to submit application documents:
Please send the documents as an attached file to “application202303( at )fun.ac.jp” with the subject “application documents for faculty position 202303”. Please email us if you have not received the confirmation of receipt within a few days after you send the applications. When the application documents are too large to submit by email, it is recommended to use an online file transfer service
- For further information in reference to this application, please contact:
Prof. WADA Masaaki
Chair of the Department of Media Architecture, Future University Hakodate
Tel: 0138-34-6448 / E-mail: recruit202303( at )fun.ac.jp
The selection is made based on your past achievements and the comments of your referees if necessary. Achievements are evaluated by the number of research papers published, contents of major achievements, internal and external reputation and industrial/technological contributions. The university considers that equal opportunity and diversity are important factors for the selection of the faculty members and actively recruits a people who has experience of being employed by companies, women and non-Japanese. In the screening process, we may ask you to explain about the submitted documents and/or give a lecture. We will handle your application as confidential.