Information Design Course, Department of Media Architecture,School of Systems Information Science
- Open Position:
One Professor or Associate Professor
- Field of Research:
Field of Design Engineering
A person who has knowledge of the field of design and field of engineering, and expertise in one of the following areas; Interactive Systems, Entertainment Computing, Human Interface, Media Theory, Media Interaction, Media Information Processing, Human Augmentation, Performance Augmentation
- Subjects to be Taught:
You may be in charge of four undergraduate subjects from Introduction to Information Expression, Basic Information Expression 1, 2, 3, Information Design 1, 2, Human Interface, User Centered Design, Computer Graphics, Interactive Systems, Theory of Information Design, Art Management, and one graduate subject in specialized field.
– A person who has a doctoral degree or excellent achievements (including outstanding works and award-winning) equivalent thereto.
– A person who is capable of teaching and providing research guidance for both undergraduate and graduate students.
– A person who is enthusiastic about education and research that broaden his/her sphere of activities based on his/her own area of expertise.
A person who has strong interest in Information Science and Cognitive Science and substantial experience related on contribution to community and society by dialogue and co-creation in design practice and/or a person who is interested in regional, medical, educational, environmental, human rights, ethical, philosophical, economical, and political issues as the fields of design is preferred.
Moreover, a person who has programming knowledge and is able to carry out exercise classes and research on Information Design, Information Expression, AI, and Data Science is prioritized.
- Starting Time of Employment:
April 1, 2023 in principle
Documents to be Submitted (in either English or Japanese):
(1) Please specify the field (Design Engineering) and the position (professor or associate professor) you are applying for.
(2) Resume (including attached photograph, current address, contact numbers (telephone and e-mail), academic history (up to high school graduation), employment history, research experiences, association(s) you belong to, degree(s), and rewards and punishments)
(3) List of works or research achievements (such as works, research papers, publications, and vocational achievements (patents, design registration, award in a specialized field etc.)), and list of external research funding acquisition
(4) Please choose three major works from the list of works or research achievements, and submit their portfolios, reprints or copies (one for each). Then, the reason for choosing them as the major achievements (within 900 characters in Japanese 400 words in English.)
(5) Educational achievements (The result of the human resource development in the case of working for a company is included.)
(6) The outlines of your past work/research, and the future work/research plans (English
version/translation is required if the document is written in Japanese. The document must be within two pages of A4 sized paper in length)
(7) Educational aspirations (One page of A4 sized paper in length)
(8) List of 2 referees including their names, affiliations, contact addresses (postal address, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses)
Application forms 1-5 available to be downloaded from the University Homepage.
- Due Date for All Materials to be Received:
Friday, September 9, 2022, 12:00 AM midnight by e-mail
- Where to submit application documents:
Please send the documents as an attached file to “application202304( at )fun.ac.jp” with the subject “application documents for faculty position 202304”. Please email us if you have not received the confirmation of receipt within a few days after you send the applications. When the application documents are too large to submit by email, it is recommended to use an online file transfer service
- For further information in reference to this application, please contact:
Prof. WADA Masaaki
Chair of the Department of Media Architecture, Future University Hakodate
Tel: 0138-34-6448 / E-mail: recruit202304( at )fun.ac.jp
The selection is made based on your past achievements and the comments of your referees if necessary. Achievements are evaluated by research papers and contents of works, internal and external reputation and industrial/technological contributions. The university actively recruits in consideration of equal opportunity and diversity for the selection of the faculty members. In the screening process, we may ask you to explain about the submitted documents and/or give a lecture. We will handle your application as confidential.
The university aims at realizing sustainable society and the world and works on design to make people happy. Design as a field of study that is the fruit of interest and intelligence is practiced beyond having fun. We look for new colleague who can find fundamental problem by dialog, co-design community, and propose and create future together.