Information Systems Course, Department of Media Architecture, School of Systems Information Science
- Open Position: One Professor or Associate Professor
- Field of Research:
A person who specializes in the following fields of Information Systems and interested in regional collaboration is welcomed.
Data Science, Large-Scale Data Processing, Smart Information Processing, Medical ICT, Smart Agriculture/Forestry/Fisheries, Tourism Informatics, Field Informatics, Robotics, HIC, Sensing Security, Mathematical Modeling, Computer Graphics, Computer Science, etc.
- Subjects to be Taught:
You will be in charge of one graduate subject in specialized field.
You will be in charge of about four undergraduate subjects from the followings in total in the Spring and Fall Semesters and conduct classes in Japanese.
– Programming Practice Subjects: Basic Programming, Practice of Information Processing, etc.
– Mathematics Subjects: Linear Algebra, Applied Mathematics, Mathematics Practice, etc.
– Specialized Subjects: Electric Circuit, Basic of Electronics, Hardware Design, Sensor Engineering, Formal Language and Automata, Operating Systems, etc.
– PBL (Project Learning) for the third year of undergraduate school.
– A person who has a doctoral degree.
– A person who is capable of teaching and providing research guidance for both undergraduate and graduate students.
- Starting Time of Employment: September 1 or October 1, 2023
- Documents to be Submitted (in either English or Japanese):
(1) Please specify the field (Information Systems) and the position (professor or associate professor) you are applying for.
(2) Resume (including attached photograph, current address, contact numbers (telephone and e-mail), academic history (up to high school graduation), employment history, research experiences, association(s) you belong to, degree(s), and rewards and punishments)
(3) List of research achievements (such as research papers, publications, works, and vocational achievements (patents, award in a specialized field etc.)), list of external research funding acquisition
(4) 3 major achievements selected from the list of research achievements, an offprint or a copy, and the reasons for choosing them (in 900 characters or less (in Japanese)).
(5) Educational achievements (The result of the human resource development in the case of working for a company is included.)
(6) The outlines of your past work/research, and the future work/research plans (English version/translation is required if the document is written in Japanese. The document must be within two pages of A4 sized paper in length)
(7) Educational aspirations (One page of A4 sized paper in length)
(8) List of 2 referees including their names, affiliations, contact addresses (postal address, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses)
Application forms 1-5 available to be downloaded from the University Homepage.
- Due Date for All Materials to be Received: Friday, June 16, 2023, 12:00AM midnight by email
- Period and Place of Interview: July 10 (Mon) – 14 (Fri), 2023, at Future University Hakodate
- Where to submit application documents:
Please send the documents as an attached file to “application202401(at)fun.ac.jp” with the subject “application documents for faculty position 202401”. Please email us if you have not received the confirmation of receipt within a few days after you send the applications. When the application documents are too large to submit by email, it is recommended to use an online file transfer service
- For further information in reference to this application, please contact:
Prof. SHIRAISHI Yoh
Chair of the Department of Media Architecture, Future University Hakodate
Tel: 0138-34-6448 / E-mail: recruit202401(at)fun.ac.jp
The selection is made based on your past achievements and the comments of your referees if necessary. Achievements are evaluated by not only research papers, but also work experience, overseas research, business experience, etc. Moreover, we look for new colleague who can understand the mission of the public university, promote the regional collaboration in Hakodate area, and/or enthusiastically work on pioneering new research areas used the field in Hakodate area. The university actively recruits in consideration of equal opportunity and diversity for the selection of the faculty members. In the screening process, we may ask you to explain about the submitted documents and/or give a lecture.
Apr 25, 2023