Information Systems Course, Department of Media Architecture, School of Systems Information Science
- Open Position:
Professor or Associate Professor (One person)
- Field of Research:
Information Systems (Information Networks, Information Security, Ubiquitous Computing, Cyber-Physical Systems, Perceptual Information Processing, Real-World Information Processing, Data Science, Machine Learning and related fields etc.)
- Subjects to be Taught:
You may be in charge of four undergraduate subjects from Programming Exercises, Information Processing Practice, Linear Algebra, Mathematics Practice, Applied Mathematics, Operating Systems, Automata, Electronic Circuit, Sensor Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Graphics, and one graduate subject in specialized field.
・A person who has a doctoral degree
・A person has research achievements in the field of Information Systems, and capable of teaching and providing research guidance for both undergraduate and graduate students.
- Starting Time of Employment:
April 1, 2021 in principle
- Documents to be Submitted:
(in either English or Japanese)
(1) Please specify the field (Information Systems) and the position (professor or associate professor) you are applying for.
(2) Resume (including attached photograph, current address, contact numbers (telephone and e-mail), academic history (up to high school graduation), employment history, research experiences, association(s) you belong to, degree(s), and patents and punishments)
(3) A document proving your doctoral degree (e.g., a copy of a diploma or a certificate from an institution of higher education that you have completed)
(4) List of research achievements (such as research papers, publications, and vocational achievements (patents, award in a specialized field etc.))
(5) Reprints of three major publications (one for each)
(6) Educational achievements (The result of the human resource development in the case of working for a company is included.)
(7) Achievements to acquire external research funds
(8) The outlines of your past research, and the future work/research plans (Please attach English translation in the case the
document is written in Japanese. Within 2 pages of A4 sized paper in length for both the Japanese and English editions)
(9) Educational aspirations (One page of A4 sized paper in length)
(10) List of 2 referees including their names, affiliations, contact addresses (postal address, phone number(s), and e-mail address(es))
- Due Date for All Materials to be Received:
Wednesday, September 30, 2020
- Mailing address for submitting application documents (※Note):
General Affairs Division, Administration Bureau, Future University Hakodate
116-2 Kameda Nakano, Hakodate 041-8655 JAPAN
Please send the documents by registered mail and mark “application documents for faculty position (Field of Information Systems, Department of Media Architecture)” in red ink on the envelope. The submitted documents will not be returned.
- For further information in reference to this application, please contact:
Prof. KIMURA Ken-ichi
Chair of the Department of Media Architecture, Future University Hakodate
Tel: 0138-34-6448 E-mail: email@example.com
The selection is made based on your past achievements and the comments of your referees if necessary. The university actively recruits in consideration of equal opportunity and diversity for the selection of the faculty members.
We value a variety of backgrounds, including work experience and overseas research/work experience. We are looking for someone who understands the role of a public university and who can make use of the university’s field of expertise in research and education, including collaboration with society, the local community, and other fields. In addition, we welcome those who can collaborate with researchers from within and outside the university to create new research areas in the field of information systems while taking advantage of their expertise.