(Japanese version is here.)
Department of Complex and Intelligent Systems, School of Systems Information Science
- Open Position:
Professor or Associate Professor (One person)
- Field of Research:
Field related to Complex Systems and/or Intelligent Systems that is based on the latest information technology and clarifies behavior of complex systems. (For example; Data Science, Numerical Analysis, Simulation, Large-Scale Computation, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Complex Adaptive System, Management Information Science, etc. The fields including, but not limited to above.)
- Subjects to be Taught:
As well as Programming Practice, three (3) subjects from Linear Algebra, Analysis, Mathematics Practice, Information Mathematics, Probability and Statistics, Formal Languages and Automata, Algorithm and Data Structures, Operations Research, Calculus, Numerical Analysis, Signal Processing, Artificial Intelligence, etc.About one (1) subject related graduate-level subjects other than above.
・Applicants must have a doctoral degree.
・Applicants must be enthusiastic about education and research in the field of Complex and Intelligent Systems.
・Applicants must have research achievements in the field of Complex and Intelligent Systems, and capable of teaching and providing research guidance for both undergraduate and graduate students.
- Starting Time of Employment: April 1, 2019 in principle
- Documents to be Submitted: (in either English or Japanese)
(1) Please specify the field (Complex and Intelligent Systems) and the position (professor/associate professor) you are applying for.
(2) Resume (including attached photograph, current address, contact numbers (telephone and e-mail), academic history (up to high school graduation), employment history, research experiences, association(s) you belong to, degree(s), patent(s), and rewards and punishments)
(3) List of research achievements (such as research papers, publications, and vocational achievements (patents, etc.))
(4) Reprints or clear copies of 3 major publications (one for each)
(5) Educational achievements (including the result of the human resource development in the case of working for a company)
(6) History of acquisition of external research fund
(7) The outlines of your past research, and the future research plans (within 2 pages of A4 sized paper in length)
(8) Educational aspirations (1 page of A4 sized paper in length)
(9) List of 2 referees including their names, affiliations, contact addresses (postal address, phone number(s), and e-mail address(es))
- Due Date for All Materials to be Received: Friday, September 7, 2018
- Mailing Address for Submitting Application Documents (※Note):
General Affairs Division,
Administration Bureau, Future University Hakodate
116-2 Kameda-Nakano, Hakodate, 041-8655 JAPAN
Please send the documents by registered mail and mark “application documents for faculty position (Complex and Intelligent Systems)” in red ink on the envelope. The submitted documents will not be returned.
- For further information in reference to this application, please contact:
Prof. Takayuki NAKATA
Chair of the Department of Complex and Intelligent Systems, Future University Hakodate
Tel: +81-(0)138-34-6327 (Direct Line) E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The selection is made based on your past achievements and the comments of your referees if necessary. Achievements are evaluated by the number of research papers published, contents of major achievements, internal and external reputation and industrial/technological contributions. The university considers that equal opportunity and diversity are important factors for the selection of the faculty members and actively recruits women and non-Japanese. In the screening process, we may ask you to explain about the submitted documents and/or give a lecture. We will handle your application as confidential.
Please download the latest application form here.