Educational technology and eLearning
- Smith, A. & Johnson, A. (2017). Student Engagement with an Online Pre-enrolment English Course at a Japanese University. Proceedings of the 25th International Conference on Computers in Education (pp. 896-901).
- Johnson, A., Ruthven-Stuart, P., & Smith, A. (2017). Softening the Blow: Managing Deadlines in Online Courses. Proceedings of the 11th International Technology, Education and Development Conference (pp. 7596-7604).
- Smith, A., Johnson, A., Nakamura, M. (2017). Designing and Managing a Fully Online University Pre-enrolment Course in Japan. Proceedings of the 11th International Technology, Education and Development Conference (pp. 5355-5363).
- Johnson, A., Nakamura, M. & Smith, A. (2016). Quiz Grade History: Time Specified Reports for Quiz Results. Proceedings of the MoodleMoot Japan 2016 Conference (pp. 25-28).
- Nakamura, M., Johnson, A. & Smith, A. (2015). English Foundations: A Supplemental Moodle Course for Outside the Class. Proceedings of the MoodleMoot Japan 2015 Conference (pp. 17-21).
- Smith, A., Ruthven-Stuart, P. & Johnson, A. (2012). The design of effective online collaborative writing tasks: Lessons learned at a Japanese university. In P. Newhouse & J. Pagram (Eds.), Proceedings of the Australian Computers in Education Conference (pp. 517 – 524).
- Johnson, A. & Heffernan, N. (2010). Educational Uses of Digital Photo Frames: A Trial Study. Proceedings for the 2009 GLoCALL Conference, Chiang Mai, Thailand.
- Webster, T. & Johnson, A. (2007). More ICT/Less Work: a Collaborative Pilot Project. Proceedings of the 14th KoTESOL International Conference, (pp. 65-74).
- Johnson, A. & Sheehan, M. (2006). Cunning perceptions: Japanese attitudes toward cheating, KoTESOL Journal, 8(1), 77-95.
- Johnson, A. & Sheehan, M. (2006). English with Shrek: A multi-media based CALL course, PacCALL Journal, 2(1), 108-125.
- Johnson, A. (2006). English Trailers v4: An example of an ESL/EFL website that transformed from a testing to a teaching focus. The JALT CALL Journal, 2(1), 53-69.
- Johnson, A. & Heffernan, N. (2006). The Short Readings Project: A CALL reading activity utilizing vocabulary recycling. Computer Assisted Language Learning, 19(1), 63-77.