The goal of my research is making people happy with software. The main target is the application software that supports the intellectual activities of human. Such activities include: software development, documentation, tourism activity, information provision on the Web, e-portfolio, translation, etc. The technologies for supporting the activities include: a standard of a technical documentation, DITA; a standard of open data, Linked Open Data (LOD); Web content management system (CMS); tools for software development.
Attractive Factors of My Research
The result of research becomes the tool used when people perform work and various activities.
The quality of the tool has a very large influence on the productivity.
The quality of the tool results from the integration of various elements: concept, architecture, technologies used, implementation, user interface, etc. The appeal of this research is to create such a tool by considering it comprehensively as a system.
Research and development at the companies: an application of the genetic algorithm to the production process scheduling, an automated farming system based on the maps generated by GIS in cooperation with an autonomous tractor navigated by GPS (agricultural robot project), open source middleware for the Web services (OpenSOAP project), B2C Web systems, standardization of the system development process, etc.
Research and education at the university: development of software engineers by PBL in cooperation with industry, development of smartphone apps for tourists (PBL), development of a digital archive system, etc.
Major Books and Papers
- Making LOD of Community Tourism Information Contents and Development of Hakodate Map+: Activities of Tourism Project of Advanced ICT Practices, Tourism and Information: Jounal of Society for Tourism Informatics, 10(1), 25-36, 2014.
- Building DITA-Based CMS as Integrated Documentation Environment, Marie Sakai and Taku Okuno, IEEE The 6th International Conference on Soft Computing and Intelligent Systems/The 13th International Symposium on Advanced Intelligent Systems (SCIS-ISIS 2012), pp. 1816-1820, Kobe, Japan, November 20-24, 2012.
- Training Courses for Advanced IT Engineers based on Endowed Courses in Universities, Keiji Suzuki , Yohko Konno and Taku Okuno, IPSJ Magazine, Vol.52 No.10 Oct. 2011, pp.1241-1244, 2011.
- Data Integration Method for Recommendation on Small Website, Nobuyuki Shimizu and Taku Okuno, Proceedings of Joint 5th International Conference on Soft Computing and Intelligent Systems and 11th International Symposium on Advanced Intelligent Systems (SCIS & ISIS 2010), pp.1180-1185, 2010.
- A Middleware Framework for Loose Robot Communication over the Internet, Makoto Oya and Taku Okuno, Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, pp.11-16, 2005.
- An OpenSOAP Based Framework for Robot Communication, Taku Okuno and Makoto Oya, Proceedings of the 2004 JSME International Conference on Advanced Mechatronics, pp.436-441, 2004.
- Practical Implementation of Education in High-level IT Engineer in Graduate School of Engineering Hokkaido University, Zenjiro Oba, Yukinori Kakazu, Makoto Oya, Yasuhiro Hatakeyama and Taku Okuno, Engineering Education, Japanese Society for Engineering Education, 52, Vol.3, pp.78-85, 2004.